Monday, June 22, 2015

Faded Memory

Literally the most faded photo I have yet too come across. Beach, boat, water, sign me up! I wish this had a date or beach name or anything. Someone probably spent a lovely holiday in a tropical oasis and turned to have one last look, pulled out the camera and created a lasting memory.

 I recently discovered that people used to take photos of loved ones after they had died. They prop them up and make them look as though they are still alive. It's morbid, on the one hand. I totally understand it on the other. But, if you know someone is ill and may not live, why didn't they take the picture at that point? Accidental deaths, sure, that I can kind of see. But, still morbid.

There was a movie I just adored as a child, it was Disney's The Parent Trap, not Lindsay Lohan, the original with Haley Mills and Maureen O'Hara. There's a scene where Haley's character "makes a memory" with her grandfather, recalling that he smells of tobacco and peppermint. I find myself doing this when a moment is just perfect. And, it's not at all morbid.

No comments:

Post a Comment