Saturday, October 22, 2011

Postcard from Obernburg, Germany















As far as I can tell this postcard is from 1989. Which is a little scary to me because when I first looked at it, I thought it would be from the 60's or 70's. It makes me feel old when things from 1989 look dated. The hotel gets great reviews on Tripadvisor. Does everyone check that site before booking a hotel? You should. I have booked hotels all over the US and in Europe based on pictures and reviews on Tripadvisor. Great site. I have to say, I have a soft spot for Germany. I have only been to Munich and then to see
Neuschwanstein Castle near Fussen, but I am anxious to see more. Munich was a mix of old meets modern. Loved the Rathaus-Glockenspiel and hitting theHofbrauhaus. I was there in May, so I didn't get the full experience of Oktoberfest, but the atmosphere was fun all the same. And Fussen, fell completely in love with this small town. Beautiful! Germany is definitely on my list of places to revisit. I still need to cruise the Rhine and see northern Germany. It might be time to start checking Tripadvisor again.

No comments:

Post a Comment