Sunday, April 24, 2011

1921 Stamp



Isn't this a cute stamp. It just fell out of a book, no envelope, no letter, nothing. It has the three lions on it so I assume it's Danish, but I cannot figure out what the words mean. I have tried every translation site out there. Where's a Danish speaker when I need one? Yuletide? Something along the lines of Christmas? Either way, very cute and in really good condition considering how old it is. Must say the polar bear is throwing me off a little. I really need a 1-800-all you ever wanted to know about Denmark phone number, don't I. I received some help with this one. See comments.

1 comment:

  1. Mystery solved! My dear friend Mike just happens to be friends with some people from Iceland. Yay, Iceland!! And they were able to figure out what this stamp is trying to tell us. Jutdle is an Icelandic phrase meaning "dated or year". Julen means "Christmas" or "Christmas time of the year". Thank you Mike for getting in touch and thank your friends for me!

    ReplyDelete