Friday, July 15, 2011

The Doorway


These four photo's were found together in one book. They are really small, about 3 inches by 2 inches. I called this post The Doorway based on the two photo's taken in the same doorway. I cannot tell you how much I love these old, candid pictures. You see so many older pictures where no one is smiling, but the girl in the first photo sitting on the step is absolutely cracking up at something. She looks like that person who is the life of the party, the gal everyone is friends with. I wish I knew what was said right before this shot was taken. Did men always wear some sort of a tie? Every stinking day? The next photo is a bit faded and the edges are very aged. Matron of the family? Photo three finds two young ladies on the ground. People never look warm in old photos. Thick stockings, warm shawls, and wool skirts. No thanks. Photo 4. Doesn't she look happy! Well, I wouldn't either if someone put a bow that size on the back of my head. I actually think she looks pretty darn cute. That style of dress is still in fashion, babydoll is it called. Either way, I like it. Any guesses on the year? 20's, 30's?

No comments:

Post a Comment