Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Carl Bloch Painting


Another postcard. This one from 1980. The painting is by Carl Bloch and is entitled King Christian IV Visits The Dying Chancellor, Niels Kaas, painted in 1880. Carl Bloch was another one of those Danish artists that makes me melt. You cannot look at this picture, at the details, and not be impressed. Keep your Jackson Pollock and give me a Danish artist any day. Not that I can't appreciate some of the modern art, but seriously, I just can't get behind stacking a bunch of chairs on top of each other, painting them crazy colors, naming it 'descending sorrow' or some nonsense and calling it art! Apologies if this description is anywhere close to an actual piece of "art" out there. But you get my point, right?







No comments:

Post a Comment