Monday, March 31, 2014

Resurrection of Jesus article, 1954

The headline of this article reads, Are The Stories of Jesus Resurrection Misguided?  Seriously not getting into a religious debate. The Danish professor, N. H. Soe,  has apparently written some scholarly articles on the subject and I can find his name and works cited in other papers, but I cannot find a stinking thing about the man himself. I imagine that someday the Internet will truly be full of absolutely everything we want to know, and much we wish we could take back, but until then, I am stuck with certain limitations. 


The gist of what I have translated seems to revolve around the ethics of interpretation and looking at the gospels of the New Testament from every angle, while taking into account the research and researchers you are getting your information from. Yikes, everything I can find reads like a something I would need a dictionary and thesaurus to figure out what they are saying. And even then only after a large Diet Coke, some frozen M&M's, and some peace and quiet. As if that situation happens very often.



Still, a cool newspaper article that someone thought they should  save. There are some things that will always be scrutinized, debated, interpreted, and reinterpreted. The bible is among them, and I will leave that to the so-called experts. I guess I am a very simple creature, but I think I'll just stick to the love everyone theory, seems to cover all the bases.

No comments:

Post a Comment