Friday, August 22, 2014

Hemorrhoids?

Indeed, I am posting an article I found on the 'Treatment of Hemorrhoids by Means of Injection.' It's a funny thing, going to Google translate and coming up with that sentence. The nurse in me wishes I could read the entire article, wondering what year it was published. The paper looks old, I would guess anywhere from 40's to 70's at the latest. And the other part of me, well, I debated. But then I wondered, why would someone save this article? And those thoughts alone have propelled me to post it.

Perhaps a doctor or nurse saved it, it's good information. Always best to be giving the latest treatments to your patients. Maybe a family member was suffering from hemorrhoids? Also good to keep informed as a patient, or family or friend of a patient. As someone who is translating an article for an antique book blog, a little surprising to say the least. I've never been one for dumb humor, I know, stick in the mud right here, so I didn't really find it amusing as say a 15 year old boy might, but I did find myself with half an 'oh my' face when I saw the title. Haha, maybe I have a tiny part of me that is silly like a teenage boy!

Ahem, anyway, here is your friendly reminder to get regular check ups, eat right, and exercise. I can totally turn this into a plug for being healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment