Friday, July 26, 2013

Bendix Christensen

 It's a birthday party for Bendix Christensen! 60 years old on May 16, 1973. This is a curious invite. It's about 8 inches long, 2 inches wide, and is silky. I believe it was white back in the 70's.

I had to look it up, Bendix, really?  Turns out it's short for Benedictus or Benedict. I love it! Much better than Benedict. Danish names I run across are so cool. I had another post with an Axel Bang in it. Awesome, right?

I'm sure it was a splendid affair, the wine list alone pretty much spells major party. Perhaps Bendix was an avid reader and thought a fancy bookmark would be the perfect invite. And if you enjoyed that wine list, it would help remind you what it was you had for dinner the night before. I hope you had many more birthdays, Bendix.

No comments:

Post a Comment