Saturday, August 3, 2013

Letters in a Book

I recently received a new shipment of books, 6500 in all, and I am starting the unpacking process which is better than Christmas! I found a small book today with several letters pasted and attached to the inside covers. The front cover had this little envelope and the paper that was inside of it just opposite of it.
 The back cover has this letter attached that had been in a sealed envelope. Not your standard lick the nasty paste on the envelope type of seal, but a wax seal! So my first thought is that it came with the book somehow, a fun little added something. But then I notice something.


Behind the broken seal was a newspaper clipping. How would that get there? I had to see what it was!

I carefully peeled away the letter and managed to get some of the clipping off of the back of the book.
It didn't fair well, as you can see. But, the interesting thing is, it's a small clipping showing travel places, times, and prices!

Ok, I realize it could be a souvenir or something, but in my crazy world, it's a secret plan to escape together. Two lovers, perhaps? Someone escaping a bad situation? The possibilities are endless. And of course they made it, wherever they were going, because they kept all of this as a reminder.

If you are Danish and can read this letter, which I will probably try to translate at some point, could you please just play along that it's something amazing?!  Life is so much more fun that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment