Sunday, August 25, 2013

Handmade Bookmark


I was so close to just putting this handmade bookmark in my box of things that have already been blogged about. I mean, I see these often enough it doesn't feel very oooh and aahh.  I just couldn't do it. Someone put what had to be hours into this thing. It's 8 inches long and over 2 inches wide. It's pretty darn big. How many of us have something we have made with our own hands to leave behind when we pass away? I have three children. I made my oldest a blanket, took HOURS of crocheting. My second child received a smaller, half finished blanket. My third....that poor child will have to visit her siblings to see anything made by mom.

So maybe it's my lack of skill in making things by hand, but I definitely feel like people who take the time, and have the patience, to create something need to be given some props. Well done, well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment