Sunday, August 25, 2013

House and Garden 1931

This is a one page newspaper piece that is in remarkably good shape. There are a couple small tears, but considering it's 82 years old, pretty sweet. The top says House and Garden and the entire page seems to be devoted to when to plant your flowers and fruit plants.

The back side of the paper is entirely ads, mostly for travel. If newspapers today advertised travel as much as those I find in my books, who could resist hopping on a train or boat and seeing the world? It would tempt me to no end. Like the times the paper will put multiple pages of pets that need to be adopted. I can't look at them! It's an addiction, pets. I currently have more cats than any sane person I know. I am literally becoming the cat/book lady! To me, it's a dirty secret. I tell no one how many cats I have. But my kids! Oh, it's bragging right. How many times have I laughed it off, shrugged my shoulders, and tried to run away, when my kids have started to tell other kids and their parents how many cats we have. They ALL give me a wide eyed, are you kidding me, kind of look. I used to try to explain, but it really just makes the situation worse. So there you have it. A confession of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment