Saturday, October 19, 2013

What it used to be...

As pressed flowers go, this one is a pretty sad sight. But, I could see the beauty that it used to be. Nothing gold can stay, isn't that the line from the poem by Robert Frost? I'd like to say I'm a true poet lover and can quote famous poets left and right, but the truth is, I remember my Robert Frost because it was quoted in one the best, and most difficult to watch, movies ever made. Please tell me you're thinking it right now. I'll give you a minute, go ahead. Rack those brains. Ok, I'll spill. It's from The Outsider's. And yes, I have the read the book as well. I'm not completely illiterate. That book/movie also inspired me to read Gone With The Wind. See the good that movies do???  I am totally justifying, and I know it.

Oh, this reminds me of something I have been thinking about lately. So many books I love are being made into movies right now and I am not happy about it. I used to be seriously excited when a book I had read was being adapted for the big screen, but anymore I feel they take the perfectly good, if not great, visions the book created in my imagination, and turning them into second class B movies, if you will. I know, I know. Some movies actually do a decent job. But you know I am right. Nothing, NOTHING, is as good as when you first read those words off the page.  Who knew this beautiful little flower could cause such rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment