Friday, January 3, 2014

Nuremberg Postcard 1921




A picturesque image of Nuremberg Main Market Square sometime around 1921. The area has a rich history. Sadly, during WWII, much of the architecture was damaged or ruined completely. It still remains beautiful, however, and is on my list of places to see.

The fountain in the picture was referred to as Jewish Fountain or Neptune Fountain and was ordered to be removed by Hitler. He also went and changed the name of the square to Hitler Square or something, and named a street after himself there as well. Geez. Ego, people, right there. Huge, screaming, ego. To many of us, Nuremberg reminds us of WWII and the trials that went on there after the war, but my reading about this marvelous city has been remarkable and has taught me many things that I will leave you to find on your own. Just know it is well worth your time. I love learning about new places. Oh, I am needing a trip back to Germany! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful....

No comments:

Post a Comment