Saturday, February 21, 2015

A Cyclist Greeting Postcard

This is a postcard that was never mailed. Never written on, nothing. It's printed in Denmark and has a cute little drawing of a person riding a bike where the stamp should go. I must assume that whomever purchased this postcard meant to send it or buy it as a keepsake from a vacation. I have to admit, this wouldn't be my first choice.

Pretty trees, check. A bicycle, check. But then you throw in this Billie Jean King looking woman, I kind of lose my woo hoo for the picture. Don't get me wrong, Billie Jean rocked the tennis court, but shazam, short 70's style hair probably didn't even look good then, let alone now. Look at me all judging today, knowing full well when I was a little girl I desperately wanted the Farrah Fawcett long feathered bangs look. That's right, Charlie's Angels were the bomb.  Joan Jett, she knew how to wear short hair in the day. She kicked butt and took names, you know she did. The chick on this card is staring off into space, I am sure the photographer was guiding her. Look like you're contemplating something, finding your zen out in the woods. Oy, I can just see it.

It's funny to go back and read some of my posts on this blog. I can tell what kind of day I was having or my mood just by reading them. When I read this post someday in the future, I'm sure I'll be wondering why I was in such a snarky mood. Must be lack of chocolate, luckily I have some in the freezer and ready for me. Only frozen chocolate, M&M's to be exact. Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment