Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Sex Object?

So here's the translation;

"you get so into the room, you see her lying there naked on the bed, you are then angry with yourself that you perceive her as a sex object" 

Yup, my thoughts exactly. No year on this piece of newspaper, but I would guess it's from the 80's based on a car ad on the flip side. Possibly the 70's. 

I'm guessing the guy felt bad for thinking of the woman on the bed as a sex object and then the other dude pointed out that, given the circumstances, probably not really his fault. In a kind of sarcastic way. Maybe? 

Eh, these types of cartoons making a statement don't really do it for me. It's not really the kind of cartoon I would have kept, my style runs much closer to Calvin and Hobbes types. Still makes a point, but also makes us smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment