Sunday, May 8, 2011

1918 Photo's


These were taken out of a photo album for some reason and placed inside one of my books. What you are seeing is the front and back of one piece of paper. I am thankful we have a year, 1918! Aren't these photo's wonderful? Check out the bonnets on our girls, wow. Look at the hemlines on all the womens skirts. All the way to the ground. How nice in some ways, shaved legs always optional. Wouldn't it be nice if we lived in a time when everyone dressed up like that every day? Except the women get to wear pants. Oh, and except when it's really hot. I guess there's a reason we don't dress like that anymore. Back to our pictures, the man driving the horses is really seated high. I'd hate to fall off that wagon! It's amazing to look at these people and think, you don't even know what's in store for you. We just came out of WWI and are heading into the roaring 20's, sliding in the depression, and landing into WWII. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person who looks at these pictures and sees the history that surrounds them. And perhaps everyone else just sees some cool old photo's of people hanging out in 1918.

No comments:

Post a Comment