Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ethel Rosenberg



This newspaper clipping about Ethel Rosenberg doesn't have a date on it, but it's safe to assume it's pretty close to her execution date. The article is talking about Ethel losing her appeal. Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were executed in 1953 for conspiracy to commit espionage during a time of war. The charges related to passing information about the atomic bomb to the Soviet Union. This was the first execution of civilians for espionage in United States history. She stayed in Sing-Sing, I had no idea. Sing-Sing reminds me of Breakfast at Tiffany's! But back to our article. It kind of amazes me that the person who placed this article in a book was saving the big news of the day and I look at it as this amazing bit of history. Do we keep news articles anymore? I think the time is quickly coming when there will not be articles to keep at all. Or books to keep them in for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment