Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Kaj Munk Sermon December 1943



















If you haven't read the first post about Kaj Munk, I suggest you do that before you read this one. Kaj Munk was killed by the Gestapo in January of 1944, so this would be a copy of one of his last sermons. I found this typed copy of his sermon just after I found the photo and headline of him I posted previously. They did not come out of the same book. I wish I knew how old this copy was. Was it typed up shortly after he died? The paper certainly seems old enough, faded and worn. He was such an interesting person. I have really enjoyed learning about him. Sorry I haven't translated this, but as you can see, it's quite long. I am hoping that the Danish readers will enjoy reading it and that the rest of us will enjoy its historical significance.

No comments:

Post a Comment