Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Darwin's Own Struggle for Existence

















This is a several page article about Darwin from 1958. The headline reads, "Darwin's own struggle for existence." Pretty intriguing title, too bad this article has been through the wringer. It's wrinkled and ripped right down the middle. I hope it's from being read so many times.

I scanned a few pictures, they were pretty fun and can be understood in any language. The next line under the title says, "100 anniversary of the doctrine of all beings originate and struggle, an envelope by Nature's table." I hate that Google translate isn't perfect. Maybe I need to learn Danish.

There's a picture of Charles in his younger years, and one with the Mrs. when he is quite a bit older. This is the picture of Darwin I always picture. Old bald guy with a long, white beard. My favorite picture is of what they are calling his workroom. Love, love, love all the books. Bookcases full and spread out in a mess on his desk. Comfy looking leather chairs and a fireplace, reading heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment