Tuesday, January 24, 2012

H. C. Andersen's Emperor


I have been busy unpacking my 6,000 0r so new books, and in one box was a pile of pictures all portraying a story of H.C. Andersen's. I have to assume they fell out of a book, but I found no such book in the box they were in. Curious. They are all lovely and will be posted at some point. I've always loved this story. It somehow appealed to me when I was younger that an adult, who should clearly know better, could be fooled into walking around in his skivvies. And, of course, anything to do with underwear is funny. I also thought the Emperor obviously had terrible friends. I would hope, if I were waltzing around in my unmentionables, my friends would be kind enough to see that I'm not in the right state of mind and throw me a bone. Or a shirt. And pants. Unless you look like a Calvin Klein underwear model, cover it up baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment