Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Dyreborg

 The back of the post card says, Exclusive: Alstroms Bookstore. I can't make out the year on the stamp, but I do see a 17.  It wouldn't surprise me if it were from 1917. The paper is very rough and looks fairly aged. I never tire of finding post cards. And I realize sometimes I say postcards and other times post cards.  I like living on the edge, my wild side shining through, baby!




So Dyreborg is a small coastal village on the island of Funen. Where is that you ask?  Excellent question. It is the 2nd largest island of Denmark. Funen was the birth place of Hans Christian Andersen! That's very cool. Funen, or Fyn, is situated between the island of Zealand and the mainland Denmark. It is referred to as Denmark's garden island. It has rolling hills, orchards, and thatched, half-timbered farmhouses. This place just got put on my list of places to visit! Look it up, the pictures are amazing. Beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. A very rough, anecdotal translation:

    My Dearest:

    Everything is going well. Jette (Margaret) was sweet and easy, and has now been asleep for 1/2 hour. I need to get this card out immediately. Call mother asap and send my greetings, she surely will want to know how it's going. Send my best to everyone, talk to you soon. Tell Master (?) Elna hello from me.

    Yours,

    Inger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phillip,

    You are awesome! Thank you so much for providing this. Feel free to look around at other posts.

    Again, thank you so much.

    Marci

    ReplyDelete