Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Kystens Perle Hotel in Denmark



 This is not your average postcard. It's about 9 inches in length, and folds several times over showing different scenes from the hotel. This is the cover, showing the front of the hotel. I tried to add a few of the more telling photo's to see if we could figure out the time frame this was in circulation.


 From the looks of the decor and the clothes of the guests, I'm thinking the 50's. Possibly into the sixties. The guests look very Doris Day, Cary Grant to me.  But I can also picture Jacqueline Kennedy sitting there as well, which throws me into the 60's. This style is back in vogue. A little more modern, but very classy. I think the 50's and 60's were totally cool decades as far as fashion and decor. Then we hit the 70's....yikes.  Love the music and the social changes, but I can live without shag rugs, bell bottom jeans, and the mixing of stripes, paisley, leather, and suede....Jimi Hendrix was one of the few people who made the 70's attire look cool. The rest of us, not so much.

I cannot find much about this hotel, but I do know it's still up and running, and has magnificent views. There is also a restaurant in the hotel, but according to Trip Advisor, it's only open during the summer. But the reviews were very, very good. So, if you're in the area, let me know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sir/Madam, unfortunately the Hotel Kystens Perle has been closed for a long time. Here are a few pictures of it today: http://www.abandon.dk/kystens_perle_genvisit/index.htm#48

    A true tragedy.

    Best regards
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex,

      The photos were a revelation. Thank you for sharing them with me. I love that the pictures were taken even in the state that the hotel is in. Were you the photographer?

      Best,

      Marci

      Delete
    2. Dear Marcy,

      I do apologize for the late reply.

      I was unfortunately not the photographer, but i live almost just next to the hotel. The hotel was turned into apartments quite a few years ago, and this part of the hotel is still looking nice. The main building, however is in very poor condition (as seen in the pictures). Kystens Perle was build by the danish hotel entrepreneur Oscar Pedersen, who was also the owner of the still existing Hotel Marienlyst. Hotel Marienlyst was the elegant classy hotel, and Kystens Perle where the "party hotel" were the rich and famous went in the weekends (in the 50's & 60's).

      Best regards,
      Alex

      Delete