Sunday, September 15, 2013

Protractor?

You may not believe this, but this protractor is only 1.5 inches in length, and under 1 inch in height. It's tiny!!  And it's made of metal. It fell out of a book and I was shocked at how teeny, tiny this math thingy is. Thingy, it's a word.....

We all have our weak spots in our education, and mine is math. Oh, I just agonized over numbers while I was in school. Elementary through my college career. Absolutely painful. And yet, I knew this had something to do with math when I saw it. Yes, I know. Abysmal to even admit. I asked my son what it was and sure enough, he came through for me.

I am guessing this is some sort of novelty item. For what? Math geeks? Teachers? I have heard rumors, legends if you will, that there are those who exist who actually like math. There are also legends about mermaids, Bigfoot, and the Loch Ness Monster.  Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment