Thursday, June 2, 2011

1955 Postcard


I have no shortage of postcards. The front of this one says "That my story would give herself so practical terms, I had never imagined the honor." Or, at least that's how it's translating for me on Google. Who thinks up these crazy drawings. Our cafe is Cafe Top and the Ball. Hmmm, not sure what to make of that. The wooden shoe looking thing has a green sign that says Fine Ting, now that translates as Great Stuff, that makes sense! I like the boy cranking the big yellow bird although I'm not crazy about regurgitated lunch myself. On the back of our postcard we have the usual Danish writing I can't make heads or tails of, but we do get two stamps to check out. The two stamps are of Spottrup Castle, a medieval castle that has been around since the 1500's and is now a museum. I always forget when I look at the date, 1/4 -55, that they mean April 1, 1955, not January 4, 1955. I think we do it backwards here in the US, no?

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I think we both have it backwards! In my opinion it should be 1955/04/01, so that the year is first, then month, then day. That way it progresses logically from largest unit of time to smallest and sorts correctly (chronologically).

    Great period postcard.

    ReplyDelete