Sunday, November 17, 2013

Fall Flowers Bookmark

I called this fall flowers, but truth is, I'm not entirely sure what these are. I want to call them leaves, but those brown, stem like things...they have me guessing. The brown curly lines and the white lines are actually little beads. The back is kind of silky, soft, and starting to fray. It's about 5 inches long and 1.5 wide.

I always feel kind of obligated to blog about the bookmarks. Someone put time and effort into it, seems a shame to just stuff it away and not appreciate it. Every time I see one I just wonder what their lives must have been like to have the time, patience, and enthusiasm to make these bookmarks. There's a scene in one of my favorite movies, Pride and Prejudice, the one with Keira Knightley, they are all laying around in the parlor doing a lot of nothing. It's right before Bingley shows up to...well, I hate to ruin it, but if you know, you know.

These are the scenes that pop into my mind when I find a bookmark such as this. Bunch of girls, no TV, no Internet, no jobs, and no school. Just time to paint, read, and stitch things together. And yes, I have seen and own the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth. I've seen Greer Garson version from 1940 with Laurence Olivier, hello gorgeous. And I have read the book. More than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment