Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Find Your Zen in Saltum


This postcard is from 1998, that is pretty much like yesterday compared to everything else on this blog. When I first saw it, my first thoughts were how much this postcard is missing! Where were the sites, the attractions, museums, amusement parks? And then I figured, perhaps this place is geared towards the people living in the concrete jungle, aka the city. Come and see what green grass and trees look like in their natural habitat. Dip those toes into the ocean and have nice, sticky sand stuck to every inch of you.




 Sounds good to me, and I live in San Diego. There's something about going to the beach, looking out over the water and realizing how big the ocean is, and how small our worries and concerns should really be. Anywhere in nature has that affect on me, on many of us.  So, maybe this postcard isn't touting that it has the best attractions, the most to see and do, but maybe it's really trying to tell us to slow down, breathe in life, relax, rejuvenate, find yourself. Find your Zen.



No comments:

Post a Comment