Sunday, November 17, 2013

Lieutenant Henrik Hans Nikolaj Haar - Warrior

This is what looks like an obituary for one Lieutenant Henrik Hans Nikolaj Harr. The first line in it refers to a warrior showing up. Our dear Henrik was only 28 years old. How many of these types of obituaries have we had through history? Men and women who serve their countries in the military, never making it back home again? They truly are warriors.

I tried to find out how our young warrior passed away and started my search for wars that may have been happening in 1865. Here is the depressing thing. There are so many wars going on throughout the world at that time, how would I know which one he may or may not have been in? I found a website that literally has you scroll down, year by year, showing every war, who was fighting, who won, and who lost. So many wars! I guess just the biggies get put in the history books, because I haven't heard of even half of these. How depressing. There is always a chance our Henrik died of some other cause, not in a battle of sorts. No matter how our warrior died, he went far too soon.

 I have this crazy concept of heaven, why not spill it here as Henrik has reminded me he is there. I won't give you the full version, that would be far too much information. Suffice it to say, in my heaven we have art classes from Rembrandt, listen to Plato and Einstein lecture, travel to any time and place and see what we missed. Eat, and never get fat. Hear about historical events from the people who were actually there. Snap your fingers and you're on the beach, snap again and you're having a crepe on the streets in Paris. Eat, and never get fat.  See all of your family and friends, and make new ones. Meet the people in your family tree from the beginning of time! Pretty cool, right?  That's it in a nutshell, but I think you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment