Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Letter


This letter fell out of a book with no envelope or anything else with it. It's beautifully written, and I can't make sense of it as usual. It did remind me of something. Look at that margin on the left side of the letter. That is leaving some serious space. I can remember being in elementary school and learning about leaving that left side margin. Yes, it's a stretch, and sometimes painful, but I do remember moments from that long ago. I say moments because that's the truth. I have a terrible memory. That being said, I do have a the faintest memory of putting my ruler up on my paper on the left side and lining it up just right to make the perfect line for my left sided margin. Concentrating hard, using a pencil, and actually drawing a very faint line so I didn't go beyond the ever sacred margin. At least I think I remember doing that. Or maybe I saw it in a movie. Dumb memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment