Monday, September 5, 2011

Ah, Modern Art


The translation I get online is "let us rather run away, it's just us who get blamed for it." This just makes me giggle. It's not a big secret for those who know me, modern art is not really my thing. So to see this cartoon come falling out of one of my books gave me a moment of pure bliss. It's nice to know I am not alone in the world on this one. Not that I dislike all modern art, or can't appreciate some of it. It's just that, well, when I look at a painting, I want to be inspired and awed. I want to feel I could reach out and touch the person or object because they look so real. I want my imagination to go wild and my emotions to be moved. Squiggles and lines, splatters of paint? They just don't do anything for me. My Dutch artists, they move me. Ah, best not get me started on those. Suffice it to say, I found this funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment