Friday, September 9, 2011

A Page From Life


Sadly, I don't think this page of photos correspond in date. They seem to have been slapped on this page without much thought. I can tell you that the upper left hand picture of the couple was taken in Svendborg, a town on the island of Funen in south-central Denmark. I can make that much out on the bottom of their photo. Mustaches must have been all the rage. All of the men in these pictures have one! Mustaches are a funny thing. Only a few men can actually make them look really attractive. Tom Selleck, maybe? I'm not sorry they have gone out of vogue, for the most part. I sometimes see these women in their fancy dresses and think how fun it would be to wear something like that. How differently we would act day to day if we were constantly in a dress and men were always in a suit of sorts. We would have to constantly be on our best behavior, always act like a lady. It makes me tired just thinking about it. The next picture is really hard to make out, but the man looks like he should be a captain on a ship. Must be the hat and the beard. The two lower pictures, they look so serious. I guess this is why I love the pictures where the people are behaving naturally so much. Or, maybe she really does just sit there looking a bit cross in real life. No, let's just say the sun was in her eyes. I'm sure that was it.

No comments:

Post a Comment