Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sieppijarvi Lake, Finland















I will admit I had to look up where this place was. I checked out multiple tourist sites and photos of the area. Really beautiful. That being said, this place is way out in the middle of, well, I'm not exactly sure. Snow? The information I found about the area said that the people who live there make their livelihood mainly by agriculture and forestry but also working in the logging sites and REINDEER HUSBANDRY! That is cool! And a little strange, but amazing. I also found out that Sieppijarvi is actually a village of Muonio. And Muonio is known as the municipality with the longest snow season in Finland. For that reason its vocational college has a top ski class that attracts aspiring cross-country ski champions from all over Finland! Sweet! If you like that cold stuff. I think I'd visit during the summer season, thanks. Check out out our post card and the G's all over, awesome. Not sure what they are saying, but pretty certain there's a, "we're cold" in there somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment