Wednesday, October 5, 2011

1946 Bergen, Germany














The year is 1946 and this is Bergen, Germany. It's beautiful, and it's nice to know people were traveling to Germany so close to the end of WWII. And, for once, the scene is not snowy. I do wish it were in color, I don't think black and white does this place justice. The name of the person who took this shot was a Enerett Eberh. B.. Oppi. After scouring the Internet for more information on the guy, all I came up with were more post cards with his name on them. Post card maker, picture taker, or artist, I will never know. Maybe it's not a person at all but a company name. Logging another mystery here on the blog. Looks like a nice place to visit though, in the summer.

2 comments:

  1. i came across his name on pictures in Norway. the pics came from my father in law's brother obtained in wwii

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete