Monday, October 3, 2011

The Couple


This is a great picture. It reminds me so much of my maternal grandparents. My grandfather was a total cue ball on top just like this fellow. And my grandmother was always wearing an apron, cooking or not. Unless she was dressed up to go out, then she would put on her best jewelry, and ditch the apron. She had a whole drawer full of costume jewelry that all of us granddaughters played dress-up with. She was always in a dress. I honestly can only remember my grandmother wearing a pair of pants a half a dozen times. She used to make chocolate chip cookies and keep them in the freezer in an old bread bag for when we would come over. What a great memory. And my grandfather, if he wasn't dressed up for church, he was usually wearing a pair of striped overalls and a smile. He had these huge hands and always insisted on shaking your hand and asking "How do, how do?"

If we could give this lady glasses and put the guy in striped overalls, well, I'd miss my grandparents even more. Great picture, great couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment