Thursday, June 16, 2011

Deaths


Let me start off by saying that the death that is spoken of in this article isn't of anyone famous. At least I cannot find any information of Mrs Kristine Timmermann searching the internet. I should clarify. There are Kristine Timmermann's out there. There are a handful on Facebook right now. But, the one I am looking for passed away at the age of 79 according to her obituary. We don't have a year but the paper is looking pretty faded and delicate. So, as much as I'd like to see what her interests are, where she went to school, and how many random people she has gathered for 'friends', I'm afraid that isn't going to happen. What we do know is that she was a dentist and was quite involved in politics. She married editor Niels Timmermann, a whole gaggle of these on Facebook as well by the way, who sadly passed away early. No cause was given. She had her practice in the town of Soro, Denmark and had a reputation for being quite enthusiastic about her practice and and often took on seemingly hopeless cases. She remained active politically her entire life. A nice little article about someone who made her mark in her community. I don't know what the year was, but I like hearing about women who were really out there doing their thing when it wasn't as common as it is now. Well done Kristine.

No comments:

Post a Comment