Thursday, June 2, 2011

World's Smallest...


I liked this piece of paper I found in a book. It was all torn around the edges like someone just ripped it right out of the paper, no cutting required. I could have cleaned it up a little, but I decided I liked the rough edge look. This is from 1949 and is nice and faded. The little description above the picture says, "This airplane is said to be world's smallest but its safety is believed to be greatest. Wing Span (?) is 6 feet, it is 3 yards and 40 long, weighs 130 kg and can fly 145 km an hour. It is also from France and only uses 6 Liter Gasoline per 125 km." Sometimes the translations aren't perfect, but I think we get the idea here. What a cute little plane. I wonder if our page ripper was a pilot or a wanna be? A kid dreaming of the skies?

No comments:

Post a Comment