Friday, June 24, 2011

Henrick Haar

You have probably never heard of Henrick Haar. He was a school teacher at Horsens school in Denmark and this is announcing his death at the age of 81. It sings his praises as a teacher. It says he was one of Horsens schools most highly esteemed and distinctive teachers and that no one would ever doubt that the school was Professor Haar's one and all. He loved teaching and had his own charming way to make the lessons come alive for the students. He taught German and history. It goes on to talk about when he first started at the school, etc. The paper looks really old, but there is a hand written date on it that says 1960 so I assume we will go with that date. It has also been cut and pasted a bit. You can see when you get a close up of it that it doesn't quite look right. It's interesting to find this article just now as my sixth grade teacher recently passed away. I can remember every book he introduced to our class, the books he read aloud, the authors he thought we should try out, the excitement he built up in me for reading. I can't name all my teachers or even the classes I took in jr. high or high school, but my sixth grade teacher, I can still hear his voice reading to us. I blame him for the stacks of books piled around every corner of my home. Thank you Mr. Pollard, for giving me the love of reading. Yes, you should thank the teacher you are thinking of too. Before they are no longer around to be thanked.

No comments:

Post a Comment