Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Free Spirit


Where to start on this one. These two pictures are actually from a set of four photos. After serious debate, from which there was no winner, I finally decided to just post two of the four pictures. You see, the other two pictures show this sweet baby's mother in them and she is the free spirit that I named this post after. She is posing nude with her baby and the pictures are actually quite lovely and tasteful. I did all the back and forth about nudity versus art, blah, blah, blah. I see every point for each side and there is no winner, I promise. You can see her knees in one of these pictures. She has long, straight hair and is very pretty. I am guessing we are somewhere in the 60's, hence the free spirit theme. She seems to be in an apartment with hardwood floors and there is a window with some light coming in behind her and the baby. They really are lovely. One of the most amazing things about her, and I speak as someone who has done the whole pregnancy thing, is that she is totally thin. I mean this baby looks really young and she looks like she weighs 110 lbs. and her tummy is totally flat! What gives? Is it that we live in the age of the obese and I am just used to seeing people with the "baby weight"? Did everyone used to look this good right after having a baby? I mean, seriously. I even considered that maybe she wasn't the baby mama. But upon closer inspection I noticed that she still had her linea nigra ( a dark vertical line on the lower abdomen some women get during pregnancy) and that confirmed it. Darn it! Did I ever mention I have my RN?

No comments:

Post a Comment