Thursday, June 16, 2011

Woven Wonder


What you are looking at is the front and back side of one piece of, well, whatever it is. I can only imagine it was used as some sort of book mark. It's about 6.5 inches long and 5 inches wide and it seems to be made out of leather! Yes, I know, you're thinking it cannot possibly be leather. But I am telling you, if it looks like leather and feels like leather...... Ok, I will concede that it might be some sort of plastic but I like my leather theory much better. There is one edge that seems to be coming apart and I must say, still sticking to my leather theory. Anyway, that's a lot of little papers to go in and out and in and out. I honestly wouldn't have the patience for it. But I grew up in a different time than who ever made this thing did. I need everything now! If my internet is even the slightest bit slow I am going nuts. I know you are nodding along with me. Life came at a different pace 60, 70, 80 years ago. I'm not saying life was better back then or that it is worse now. I'm just saying you couldn't pay me enough to sit and weave this little sucker together, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment