Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Family Portrait


This picture is the first in an entire album found at Book Decor. How fun to pick up a leather bound book and find that it is full of family pictures! What a great family. I guess there must be a rule about when boys graduate from wearing little sailor suits to wearing ties in pictures. And I need to address the obvious here, the hairdo on the left. I almost called it a beehive, but it's not quite beehive. I don't know what you would call that. Or how you would make it do that in the days before styling gel, mousse, and hair spray? I'm tempted to call this a "Brady Bunch" type of situation. The three blonde kids look similar, and then there's the dark haired group. Maybe this is a large family by marriage. His six kids and then marries her and has three? Or she was a widow with three of her own? Either way, love the clothes. And I think the little girl looks like Reese Witherspoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment