Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Brussels, Royal Palace



This first thing I noticed about this post card is that it looks like it was a black and white picture that they went back and colored. It's got a little "Pleasantville" look to it, the movie where everything goes from black and white to color. Which would be fitting since our post card came from 1959, about the same time the movie is set. I always try to find out who is on the stamp. I'm a curious girl. I found a stamp website that had this exact stamp on it and it said the person on the stamp was a "leader man." Seriously?! Come on stamp collectors, you can do better than that. Luckily, the next site I came to gave me some answers. This is King Baudouin. His full name is Albert Charles Leopold Axel Marie Gustave. Poor royalty, always stuck with these long crazy family names. Anyway, old Albert here was king from 1951 to 1993.

No comments:

Post a Comment